Re: [Orgmode] Re: Column view bugs

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Column view bugs
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2007 01:03:09 +0100

Vagn Johansen <address@hidden> writes:

> I could also see a use for a state-dependent {:}. Display the sum of
> times and also the sum of times for tasks that are DONE. E.g. for
> adding time-estimates and measuring progress. Or maybe add up the
> not-DONEs to show the remaining time.

Isn't this already achievable with a clever todo/archive structure?

See for example this:

* Project 1
  :PROPERTIES:
  :COLUMNS:  %20ITEM %4Time_Spent{:}
  :ARCHIVE:  ::** Archives for project 1
  :Time_Spent: 2:00
  :END:

** Task 1
   :PROPERTIES:
   :Time_Spent: 1:15
   :END:

** Archives for project 1
   :PROPERTIES:
   :COLUMNS:  %20ITEM %4Time_Spent{:}
   :Time_Spent: 0:45
   :END:

*** DONE Task 2
    :PROPERTIES:
    :Time_Spent: 0:45
    :ARCHIVE_TIME: 2007-10-16 mar 01:00
    :ARCHIVE_FILE: ~/test.org
    :ARCHIVE_CATEGORY: test
    :END:

Turning the column view will display a Time_Spent property both for
"Project 1" and for "Archives for project 1", which means that you can

--
Bastien