Re: [Orgmode] POLL: Volume of emacs-orgmode too high?

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] POLL: Volume of emacs-orgmode too high?
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2007 13:49:41 +0100

> I am worried that this will scare away some members.  Do we need to
> address this, or will people stick around and just wait until things
> cool off a bit?

For my part, it's okay, and I will slow down a bit :)

> P.S. I know that this will lead to even more messages in the next few
> days, but it is for a good cause.... :-)

For the good cause as well, here are a few stats about the list.  Data
have been collected between March 2006 (gmane access?) and now:

Total number of posts: 3873
Average bytes/post: 5170.235218
Total number of posters: 238
Average posts/poster: 16.273109

1154 Carsten Dominik
 371 Bastien
 217 Leo
 112 Eddward DeVilla
  82 Jason F. McBrayer
  70 Bernt Hansen
  70 David O'Toole
  69 Rainer Stengele
  67 T. V. Raman
  63 Xavier Maillard
  59 Scott Jaderholm
  51 William Henney
  47 J. David Boyd
  40 Tim O'Callaghan
  39 Piotr Zielinski
  37 John Wiegley
  35 Russell Adams
  35 Scott Otterson
  33 Georg C. F. Greve
  33 Daniel J. Sinder

Total number of subjects: 1055
Average posts/subject: 3.671090

  55 depending TODOs,   scheduling following TODOs automatically
  34 log on state change
  33 Integration of Org mode and mairix
  30 Org-mode version 5.01
  26 an annoying indentation
  24 Integration of Org mode and Gnus
  23 Feature request: Selective encryption
  23 Another GTD question.
  21 Org-mode 4.78
  19 Categories
  19 Release: Org-mode 5.09
  19 Duration Tally
  18 Attention XEmacs users
  17 Tutorials
  16 org-mode and Google Calendar
  16 postponing todos
  16 Idea: Agenda Search publish?
  15 Feature Request: org-agenda-set-category
  15 Org-mode with color-theme.el
  14 GTD: Solving the bottleneck of converting incoming   mails to NEXT actions

Links to the first five most active subjects:

  55 depending TODOs,   scheduling following TODOs automatically
     <http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/3641>
  34 log on state change
     <http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/2887>
  33 Integration of Org mode and mairix