[Orgmode] FR: toggling timestamps active/inactive

From: Adam Spiers
Subject: [Orgmode] FR: toggling timestamps active/inactive
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2007 15:19:02 +0100

Hi Carsten,

Another simple idea - subject line is pretty much self-explanatory I
think: would be great to be able to toggle timestamps between [] and
<>.

Why?  Say I have an event in my diary.org file, and am subsequently
told my presence at the event is no longer necessary.  Consequently I
would like to keep it in the file for reference, to track colleagues'
movements or in case my presence is re-required, but I don't want the
event to appear in the agenda.

By the way, I probably could have coded this in the time it took to
write the mail, but I thought that until I've sent a piece of paper to
the FSF assigning rights for code contributed to org-mode and emacs,
it would be better to let Carsten write it.  Is that correct or flawed
thinking?