Re: [Orgmode] Free `1' and `0' keys from the org-agenda interface ?

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Free `1' and `0' keys from the org-agenda interface ?
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2007 18:53:47 +0100

Adam Spiers <address@hidden> writes:

> I'm curious about your suggestion of '<<' though - does that imply the
> sub-keymap functionality I asked for already exists?

I first thought yes, since it looks like the first `<' keystroke is
waiting for the next one (at least from the description I proposed).

But in fact there is no sub-keymap involved here: it's only about
cycling through three states:

- not-restricted
- buffer-restricted
- subtree/region-resctricted

Then three keystrokes would turn off the restriction.

But calling a sub-keymap with `<' could also be useful:

`< <' : cycle through default restricted states (see above)
`< f' : prompt for an org-agenda-file to restrict to
`< s' : prompt for a subtree to restrict

Caveat: we should better not allow interactive restriction to a
property, since this is the job of the custom-command itself...

My 2.5 cents.

--
Bastien