Re: [Orgmode] FR: toggling timestamps active/inactive

From: Adam Spiers
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] FR: toggling timestamps active/inactive
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 18:18:33 +0100

On Tue, Oct 16, 2007 at 06:13:41PM +0200, Carsten Dominik wrote:
> On Oct 16, 2007, at 16:19, Adam Spiers wrote:
> > Another simple idea - subject line is pretty much self-explanatory I
> > think: would be great to be able to toggle timestamps between [] and
> > <>.
> >
> > Why?  Say I have an event in my diary.org file, and am subsequently
> > told my presence at the event is no longer necessary.  Consequently I
> > would like to keep it in the file for reference, to track colleagues'
> > movements or in case my presence is re-required, but I don't want the
> > event to appear in the agenda.
>
> Writing the command is simple - finding a keybinding is harder.
> I will make so that using S-up or S-down on one of the brackets
> will switch the type.  If you have a good proposal for another
> key, come forward.

How about making it so that C-c ! over an active timestamp will
deactivate it, and C-c . over an inactive one will activate it?

> > By the way, I probably could have coded this in the time it took to
> > write the mail, but I thought that until I've sent a piece of paper to
> > the FSF assigning rights for code contributed to org-mode and emacs,
> > it would be better to let Carsten write it.  Is that correct or flawed
> > thinking?
>
> Well, I cannot officially take your code, but if you show me an
> "example" implementation, it will probably be faster still.

Now that I am beginning to get really serious about implementing the
review component of GTD, new ideas for org-mode tweaks are continually
popping into my head; apologies for spamming the list recently as a
result :-)  Several of the tweaks would require >15 LoC to implement,
so I am thinking it might be worth sorting out copyright assignment.
How should I go about this - would the following be sufficient?

http://mirrors.wikifusion.info/gnu/elisp-archive/FSF-Copyright-Assignment