[Orgmode] Re: PocketMod for org-mode

From: Christian Egli
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: PocketMod for org-mode
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 22:59:25 +0200

Bastien <address@hidden> writes:

> Christian Egli <address@hidden> writes:
>
>>> ,----
>>> | - get rid of the misplaced \verb|@|
>>
>> Does Pete's patch help?
>
> Yes it does, no problem anymore.

>> This I don't understand. How do you get your deadlines to show up
>> in your calendar?
>
> &%%(org-diary :scheduled :timestamp :deadline)
>
> in my ~/.diary file.

Ah, now I understand. That is also the reason why your calendar looks
so crowded. So far I've only used it to show the entries from my diary
file.

My idea was to replace the year calendar with some export of the
agenda view, maybe of the next 14 days. So you'd have an overview of
your appointments (and only your appointments) for the next 4 weeks
and the next 3 months and finally an overview of all the tasks for the
next 14 days.

Now what would be really nice is if I could export the agenda view to
latex. I couldn't find any code in org-export-latex.el to do that. Am
I missing something, Bastien?

>> I looked at cal-tex.el some more and it looks like it could use some
>> love :-). The font sizes for the ISO-style weekly calendar for example
>> is hard coded to 11pt and the diary entries are hardcoded to be shown
>> with \large\bf.
>
> Love for sell in orgmode list :)

Well, while it would be worthwile to do some enhancements to
cal-tex.el (some TODOs are mentioned in the Commentary section), there
is an easier way to massage the produced LaTeX code. As mentioned on
the emacswiki
(http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/emacs-en/CalendarPrinting) you can
add a hook to cal-tex-hook which can quote the @ or change the fonts
for example.

In essence this is the same as Pete's sed hack in the Makefile, just a
tad more integrated in Emacs. If this really makes such a great
difference in terms of a batch job I don't know.

Christian