Re: [Orgmode] Diary formatting problem

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Diary formatting problem
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 19:07:27 +0100

"Dave C. Nelson" <address@hidden> writes:

> Tuesday
>       7:00-8:30 Item 1
>               Item 2
>               Item 3
>
> Org mode doesn't format this properly. Items 2 and 3 don't appear with
> item 1, they appear after all my todo items, but with no time.  Using
> calendar and then displaying the dairy results in output that gets
> formatted correctly.

For both Org and Emacs diary, these consist in three diary entries for
tuesday: one at 7:00-8:30, the other two are not scheduled.

Then Org only display "Item 1" in the time-grid, and append the other
two at the and of the day.

The diary display looks it is correct, but it's just because the display
is not aware of anything like the time-grid.

> What am I doing wrong?

Maybe use

     7:00-8:30 Item 1, 2 and 3

if all the three items are scheduled at 7:00.   or use

     7:00-8:30  Item 1
     8:30-10:00 Item 2

if you want all items to be displayed in the time-grid.

HTH,

--
Bastien