Re: [Orgmode] Re: Custom agenda views

From: Wanrong Lin
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Custom agenda views
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2007 11:10:21 -0400

Or, maybe you can put your work related and personal org files in different directories, and write a small function to switch the "org-agenda-files" between them (I believe with org-mode 5.13g, the org-agenda-files is dynamically built if it is set to a directory). Actually, I think it would be nice if this feature can be included into org-mode i.e. something like "org-agenda-file-set-switch" or "org-context-switch". It would be great if we can build agenda view from either a single agenda file set, or all agenda file sets. For me, I like to break down both my personal stuff and work stuff into multiple files, so file restriction does not work that well.

Wanrong

Bernt Hansen wrote:
"Dave C. Nelson" <address@hidden> writes:

I'm playing around with org mode and while it works mostly the way I
want, I have something I'm trying to do and so far I've failed. I should
mention that I'm not much of a lisp programmer, so it might be my lack
of knowledge here.

What I want is to have an agenda view like the default agenda view one
gets with c-a a, but "narrowed" so that only a subset of todo items
show. For example, when I'm at work, I want to narrow the agenda view so
that it only shows todo items related to work.
I've read through the manual, the past list postings, etc. and I just
can't seem to come up with an org-agenda-custom-command that does this
(I assume this is the way to accomplilsh this). Is it possible? Would
someone please give me a hint?

I put my work todo items in a separate org file from other things.  Then
when you are in that org file you can limit your agenda view to just
that file with
     C-a a 1 a

Hope that helps.

Bernt