Re: [Orgmode] FR: creating a different notion for "today"

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] FR: creating a different notion for "today"
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2007 21:11:02 +0100

I can see that this might be practical, but also that it could be confusing. I am not sure if this is possible. We would need a very careful definition
under what circumstances you'd like this definition to take charge.

For example:

- when turning on the agenda, between midnight and 6am, the startup date
  could still be the previous day.
- when using "." in the agenda, we could go to the previous day.
- scheduling is much harder.
- if you just hit RET, it could be yesterday for times before 6am or so
  - if you enter a relative date it still sort-of works.
  - if you also enter a time, the trouble definitely starts.

Maybe you could try to write down a careful specification so that we
could discuss that here?

- Carsten