Re: [Orgmode] A "wouldn't it be cool" feature: statistics report

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] A "wouldn't it be cool" feature: statistics report
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2007 21:15:48 +0100

On  27Oct2007, at 8:08 AM, John Wiegley wrote:

After three months of using org-mode, I can happily say that there are
now over 500 resolved items in my archive.

It would very cool if there were an org-statistics command to show me:

  Breakdown of resolution types
  Average length of time between entry and completion
  Breakdown of resolved tasks by category
  etc.

Not a necessary feature by any means, but it would be flashy.. ;)

I guess it would be relatively easy to write a dynamic block for this.
The reason why I don't see an easy way yet to integrate it into org
core is the same why so far I have refrained from putting in your automatic
archiver:  Both depend on a particular definition of task/project and
how they are recognized.  If would not work (for example) for GTD
people who make a task active by assigning a context, for example.

- Carsten