Re: [Orgmode] jumping to category

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] jumping to category
Date: Fri, 02 Nov 2007 13:06:21 +0000

Hi Richard,

Richard G Riley <address@hidden> writes:

> where register.org is a list of personal stuff including passwords etc
> so I have it protected with different file permissions to the normal
> todo.org file.

You might also have a look at John's org-crypt.el:

I didn't test it yet, but it seems to be the right approach.

> Whats the best way to get to register.org from my agenda or my general
> todo.org file? is there some built in "jump to other org file" utility
> I can customise similar to one key tag commands?

Have a look at org-iswitchb.el:

  http://www.cognition.ens.fr/~guerry/u/org-iswitchb.el

Load it and use

        M-x org-iswitchb to switch to Org buffers
    C-u M-x org-iswitchb to restrict the list to Org files
C-u C-u M-x org-iswitchb to restrict to Org agenda files

It's largely inspired by `erc-iswitchb'. Not heavily tested.
Could be part of org.el if needed.

--
Bastien