Re: [Orgmode] switching between todo groups

From: Richard G Riley
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] switching between todo groups
Date: Sat, 03 Nov 2007 14:43:31 +0100

Bastien <address@hidden> writes:

> Richard G Riley <address@hidden> writes:
>
>>> I think I need an example to see how such a piece of information could
>>> be used...  can you provide one?
>>
>> I'm not sure I understand.
>>
>> I set the todo sequence for a particular task and it remembers, for
>> the life of the session, which is the sequence in use for that task.
>
> My question is: 1) how do you make org.el "remember" what sequence is in
> use for a particular task?  2) how do you tell the user what sequence is
> in use for a particular task?

At a guess internally a certain task is remembered via a task id or
something. If its not possible or not worth it, fine - no big deal. But
there is a bug in the latest in that it says there are two sets of todo
sequences but wont allow selection of the second one.

> The reason behind my suggestion to use "TODO_1 NEXT_1 | DONE_1" is that
> it solves both questions without requiring anothing new.  You can even

It's effectively different keywords so doesn't really solve anything and
is just the current "way" :-;

If there is no current "remembering" of tasks then I'm happy to forget I
asked - it was merely a "nice to have".