Re: [Orgmode] bibtex fields in remember templates

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] bibtex fields in remember templates
Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2007 14:49:12 +0100

On  31Oct2007, at 2:51 AM, Austin Frank wrote:

Hello!

I am wondering whether it would be possible to have access to the values
of bibtex fields in remember templates when calling remember from a
buffer in bibtex mode. I would like to define a template that includes
a link to the bibtex entry, but which also lays out a brief citation.
Something like

"* TO_READ%?\n %a\n %:author (%:year).  %:title.  %:journal: %:pages."

I know that links to bibtex entries are created using the custom search mechanism, but I can't figure out how to expose properties of the bibtex
entry to remember or org-remember.

This is, I think, hard using the current mechanism. I believe it would be much better to create a new link type for BibTeX, now that this is possible.
The it would also be easy to set a lot of info that can be accessed by
templates.....

Any volunteers?

- Carsten