Re: [Orgmode] When is a TODO really a TODO ? ...

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] When is a TODO really a TODO ? ...
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2007 07:50:46 +0100

Hi Richard,

you make an interesting point. The fact that items with a process state are called TODO
items had two roots:

- historically:  Initially, there was only TODO and DONE.

- pedagogically: Org-mode tries to be "easy-entry, but then
  lots of stuff under the hood".
  This is why TODO items are introduced the way they are.
  You said that you have been confused by this, so maybe it
  is not the right way after all.  Any proposals on how to
  address this in the docs?

- Carsten