Re: [Orgmode] Re: When is a TODO really a TODO ? ...

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: When is a TODO really a TODO ? ...
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2007 14:47:38 +0000

Richard G Riley <address@hidden> writes:

>> There are many occurrences of "TODO item" or "TODO entry" in the manual,
>> and "task" is better because it's more general.
>
> I agree. A task is an org-item with a status applied from a sequence of task
> statuses.
>
> tasks generally progress from an initial state to a completion state

If you want to be even more (too much?) precise, we could use:

- "task" for items with sequential sets of keywords
- "entry" for items with "type" (not sequence) keyword
- "item" for headlines that are not yet a task or an entry

Don't know if this would be relevant everywhere.  We should try to
gradually fix the manual first and see if a special case needs to be
made for the difference between entry/item.

--
Bastien