Re: [Orgmode] Re: Ringing the alarm bell in orgmode

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Ringing the alarm bell in orgmode
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2007 16:47:07 +0000

"William Henney" <address@hidden> writes:

> For instance, I have totally failed to work out how I can tell it
> where my org info files are, with the result that it always shows me
> the old version that comes with my emacs (currently 4.67). I have
> tried setting Info-default-directory-list and Info-directory-list, but
> all to no avail. Has anyone else had this problem?

I use the script Pete sent a while a go update org-mode automatically.
It fetches uncompress and untar the tarball archive.  It copies the org
info file (which name is really "org") to the local ~/info/ directory
where I keep latest version of Info files.

Then I have this is my .emacs.el:

  (add-to-list 'Info-default-directory-list "~/info/")

And the info page is correct.  Does that help?

--
Bastien