[Orgmode] Re: Ringing the alarm bell in orgmode

From: Sivaram Neelakantan
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Ringing the alarm bell in orgmode
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2007 22:13:19 +0530

"William Henney" <address@hidden> writes:

[...]

> I do like info pages when I can actually get the right ones to load.
> The big problem I have with info is in setting it up so that it finds
> the right files. For instance, I have totally failed to work out how I
> can tell it where my org info files are, with the result that it
> always shows me the old version that comes with my emacs (currently
> 4.67). I have tried setting Info-default-directory-list and
> Info-directory-list, but all to no avail. Has anyone else had this
> problem?

[...]

>From what I understand of info files, there should be a 'dir' file
where the info files are for it to be seen by the info program.  and
that 'dir' can easily be created via

install-info org --dir-file=dir

Since I untar and rename every release as org and in a different
directory outside of Emacs directory, I requested Carsten to create
the dir file for me

and I have this for me in the .Emacs.

;;;;
(setq Info-default-directory-list
      (cons "c:/gnu/elisp/org/" Info-default-directory-list))
;;;for org
(setq load-path (cons "c:/gnu/elisp/org/" load-path))
(require 'org-install)

When I go into info, and go into org manual it brings up the latest
version document.

 sivaram