Re: [Orgmode] Org Remember idea

From: Tim O'Callaghan
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Org Remember idea
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2007 20:42:46 +0100

On 06/11/2007, Carsten Dominik <address@hidden> wrote:

> On  6Nov2007, at 5:42 PM, Tim O'Callaghan wrote:
>
> > I've started using Remember mode more and more, and it has given me an
> > idea for new piece of functionality.
> >
> > %c - insert clipboard/kill-ring at point
> >
> > This is for 'auto' pasting links or snippets of text from my browser
> > into an org file.
> >
> > What do you think?
>
> I think it is a good idea, but may backfire.  The current-kill can be
> HUGE
> if you do not watch out.  Maybe limited to a certain lengths?
>
> - Carsten

I say dealers choice? a warning if its over 30 lines or so for those
that are new to it? I mean i should know what is in the clipboard
before i hit the remember key.

Another idea that i have been thinking about is 'remember-here'  or
'remember at point' where i can use a remember template to insert in
the current line in the current buffer. Either using the current
remember mode templates or another separate one, it could be argued
either way.

as for terminal vs X, that is quite tricky, but %c could be disabled
in windowing environments.

Tim.