Re: [Orgmode] inserting files within remember templates

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] inserting files within remember templates
Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2007 02:47:17 +0000

Adam Spiers <address@hidden> writes:

> OK, it turns out that this was easy to implement, and I think the
> patch is small enough that it could be accepted even though I haven't
> got around to sending back the copyright assignment form yet (sorry -
> this *will* happen at some point!)

This patch is nice, thanks!

Just a small caveat: If Carsten accepts it (or implements this function)
then we should make clear for beginners that the elisp code will only be
executed in the remember buffer, not in the buffer where `org-remember'
was invoked.

> There might need to be some debate about how to handle read errors in
> the case of invalid syntax.  Or perhaps some people already have
> `%(...)' within their remember templates for some really unusual
> reason, and don't want it interpreted?

Maybe %^(...) is clearer then.  In both %^{...} and %^(...) the ^ char
would mean that some action is undertaken.

--
Bastien