[Orgmode] Re: http://www.todotxt.org/

From: Leo
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: http://www.todotxt.org/
Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2007 15:33:59 +0000

On 2007-11-04 11:59 +0000, Bastien wrote:
> Leo <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> I came across www.todotxt.org and it looks like another good
>> application for managing todo (or applying GTD methodology).
>
> Interesting.  Did you already use/test it?
>
>> It is also based on text file.
>
> Yes, text files are powerful.  What strikes me is that in both cases
> (Org/todotxt) there seem to be a large community using them.
>
> See the discussion at lifehacker:
>
>   http://tinyurl.com/2g4c43
>
> Another thing: when quickly reviewing the website, I couldn't figure out
> how timestamp and deadlines where handled.  It seems there is a hack for
> this (see the comments of the discussion above) but I don't know if it's
> a builtin now.  That would be quite a shortcoming I guess.

I haven't used it yet. But I am very impressed by its todo reporter.

http://www.todotxt.org/library/birdseye.py/

The ascii report looks clean. I'd wonder if there is something similar
in org.el. It is the best way to supervise how well we are doing with
projects.

Best,
--
.:  Leo  :.  [ sdl.web AT gmail.com ]  .:  [ GPG Key: 9283AA3F ]  :.

       Use the most powerful email client -- http://gnus.org/