[Orgmode] can't get appointments working

From: Alfredo Buttari
Subject: [Orgmode] can't get appointments working
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2007 12:27:18 -0500

Hi all,
I'm trying to convert items in my org files into appointments. As far
as my understanding goes, org-agenda-to-appt has to be run every time
I start emacs so I added these lines to my .emacs file:

(setq appt-display-format 'window)
(setq appt-display-duration 30)
(setq appt-audible t)
(setq appt-display-mode-line t)
(appt-activate 1)
(org-agenda-to-appt)

but when I start emacs appt-time-msg-list has value nil. However if I
run org-agenda-to-appt manually right after emacs startup, then I get
the message "1 event added for today" and the variable
appt-time-msg-list contains the appropriate values.
What am I doing wrong here?

thanks

alfredo

Alfredo Buttari,
Innovative Computing Laboratory,
UTK Computer Science Dept.
1122 Volunteer Blvd. Knoxville, TN 37996
Tel: 001-865-974-9989