Re: [Orgmode] XHTML export -   etc.

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] XHTML export -   etc.
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 05:22:39 +0000

About escaping characters in LaTeX, here is the rule I'm trying to stick
to:

1. If a character is a special character in LaTeX, org-export-latex.el
   will escape it (so that this character will be correctly displayed in
   the resulting .dvi.)

2. If you escape such a character in the Org source file, then this
   character won't be escaped in the LaTeX source file, meaning that you
   want to refer to the special meaning of this character in LaTeX.

I don't use any notion of "Org's special character".

As long as this approach handles 99% of the special characters issues, I
think it's better not to try to invent any new specific Org syntax or to
impose new writing conventions...

I will work on the relevant code for that this week, let's see what
happen then.

Thanks,

--
Bastien