[Orgmode] Re: problems with links to MH mails.

From: Steven Lumos
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: problems with links to MH mails.
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 10:09:26 -0800

Pete Phillips <address@hidden> writes:
> I'm having difficulties using links within org to MH mails.
>
> For example, I have an email in a folder, and I hit ^C-l to store it.
>
> In org-mode, I hit ^C-^L to insert the link, and it gets inserted as:
>
>       Link:  mhe:+mail-lists/address@hidden
>
> So far so good. However if I try to look at the link using ^C-^O I
> get an error message. In *Messages* it says:
>
>       Executing mairix...
>       mh-mairix-execute-search: Wrong type argument: listp, "<address@hidden>"
>
> It is not just mairix BTW - I had a similar problem with swish++.
>
> Any ideas ? Is this something I need to raise on the mh list or is it an
> org-mode issue ?
>
> Regards
> Pete

Here's my hack that works for mairix only.  I think the real fix is
MH-E needs a better way to search for Message-ID.

(add-hook 'org-load-hook (lambda ()
                           (defun org-follow-mhe-link (folder article)
"Follow an MHE link to FOLDER and ARTICLE.
If ARTICLE is nil FOLDER is shown.  If the configuration variable
`org-mhe-search-all-folders' is t and `mh-searcher' is pick,
ARTICLE is searched in all folders.  Indexed searches (swish++,
namazu, and others supported by MH-E) will always search in all
folders."
  (require 'mh-e)
  (require 'mh-search)
  (require 'mh-utils)
  (mh-find-path)
  (if (not article)
      (mh-visit-folder (mh-normalize-folder-name folder))
    (mh-search-choose)
    (if (equal mh-searcher 'pick)
        (progn
          (mh-search folder (list "--message-id" article))
          (when (and org-mhe-search-all-folders
                     (not (org-mhe-get-message-real-folder)))
            (kill-this-buffer)
            (mh-search "+" (list "--message-id" article))))
      (mh-search "+" (list (concat "m:" article)))
    (if (org-mhe-get-message-real-folder)
        (mh-show-msg 1)
      (kill-this-buffer)
      (error "Message not found")))))))