[Orgmode] org-refile hack to show headings

From: John Rakestraw
Subject: [Orgmode] org-refile hack to show headings
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 20:22:53 -0500

I really the heading refile system developed first by Max Mikhanosha
and then adapted/adopted by Carsten in org 5.14. However, I found it
difficult sometimes to remember the particular heading to which I
wanted to move the new item -- the auto-complete is helpful, but only
if I can remember just how a heading starts. I have a simple (and
probably inelegant) hack that works well enough for me, and I thought
others might be interested in it as well.

In my set-up my projects are 2d-level headings; this simply shows the
2d-level headings in a buffer and then calls org-refile. If others who
know lisp think this is worth doing, I suspect they can show us a much
better way to do it. But I thought that for once I'd propose a way to
do something rather than simply asking for yet another feature.

******
(defun org-show-headings-for-refile ()
  (interactive)
  (hide-sublevels 2)