Re: [Orgmode] Re: Blank lines in literal html

From: Wanrong Lin
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Blank lines in literal html
Date: Sun, 09 Dec 2007 20:57:20 -0500

Bastien wrote:
Wanrong Lin <address@hidden> writes:

Thanks for testing. Surely the No.1 priority is to have correct HTML
syntax. But I think how the page looks comes very close as a second
priority.

I'm not sure we're speaking about the same thing: I was speaking about
the HTML *source code*, not the HTML page as rendered in a browser.  I
think it's okay to be somewhat liberal about source code readability,
but not about exporting in correct HTML.

(Note that if both browsers and webpages where both implementing and
respecting W3C specs, then correct rendering and correct syntax would
always come together.)

Sorry, actually we were talking about different things. Maybe because we have different understandings of the bug itself. Just want to clarify the bug a little bit.

Actually, the bug is *NOT* concerned about how the HTML code looks, it is concerned about how the HTML page look. If I put a segment of HTML code in an org file that should display only one blank line, but the exported page displays 3 blank lines in a browser, that page has correct syntax but wrong content (although the rendering is still correct). Because the exported part is bracket in a <pre> ... </pre> section, a changed number of blank lines in the HTML code also changes the number of displayed blank lines in the browser.