Re: [Orgmode] Re: Whitespace and outline structure...

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Whitespace and outline structure...
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2007 17:24:04 +0100

On Dec 12, 2007 4:17 PM, Bastien <address@hidden> wrote:
> Yes.  Considering an option like:
>
> (setq org-allow-blank-lines   ;; or org-allow-max-blank-lines
>          '((org-level-1 . 2)
>            (org-level-2 . 1)
>            (list-item   . 1)
>            (t . delete))
>
> The rule for handling trailing blank lines would be as follow : when
> moving/cutting a subtree of level N, only allow a definite number of
> trailing blank lines (L_n).  If there is more than L_n lines, try to
> decide whether these additional blank lines are part of the subtree
> above... etc.  If blank lines cannot be attached to a subtree, either
> delete them, or reject them at the end of the subtree.
>
> Not sure how this could be implemented, but I just wanted to clarify
> what I had in mind.

I am not sure an option is the right thing here, because it will continue to
remain difficult to figure out where to put the boundaries.

The best might be to look *before* a heading and see how many empty
lines there are, and then include up to that many lines below the subtree.
It seems to me that this might get quite close to the right behavior,
but I am sure there will be cases where also this idea will not work
correctly.

- Carsten