Re: [Orgmode] emacs on the N800

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] emacs on the N800
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 12:32:03 +0100

Adam Spiers <address@hidden> writes:

>>  Adam> Entering text by tapping can be very frustrating in certain
>>  Adam> situations, so I suspect I'd miss having the physical keyboard.  The
>>  Adam> selection of the small tap keyboard for stylus and the large finger
>>  Adam> keyboard seems to be quite hard to control - sometimes you get one,
>>
>> Just press the key in the middle of the 4 arrow keys (I think it is
>> called the home key). When you are in a place where the virtual
>> keyboard can be used, this will display the full virtual
>> keyboard.
>
> On the N810, you have to slide the physical keyboard out to get access
> to the d-pad and the button in the middle, and if you've done that,
> you might as well use the physical keyboard :-/

Huh.  This is exactly the kind of thing that makes the decision
difficult.  And yes, I have some willpower and can refrain myself
for unpacking the toy, but I'm running short of time!

Anyway.  Will handle this as a grown-up.  Thanks for all this useful
input.  Hopefully I'll contribute to the Emacs+N8[01]00 buzz somehow.

--
Bastien