[Orgmode] Re: update-org script

From: Dan Griswold
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: update-org script
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 07:47:49 -0500

> So my remaining question is:  Is there ftp access for users on
> orgmode.org?  I do use ftp to upload, but I did not know about public
> access.
>
> - Carsten

The lftp program will use http to access a site, if specified in the
URI. In other words, it is not using the ftp protocol, or connecting
through an ftp server. When used with http://orgmode.org as the URI,
lftp connects through the web server.

What I don't understand is what it is that determines which
files will appear in an ls command within lftp. Presumably it is
something configured on the host server.

I checked what would happen using ls to connect to a different web
site, one I maintain. I could ls, but it showed only a very few files
in the directory. More than index.php, but precious few more than
that. (Just some jpg and gif files.) There is probably something in
the apache docs that speaks to this, but I wouldn't know where.

Anyway, I think none of this is terribly important for the
configuration of the orgmode.org server. And Harald has figured out
his difficulty with the script. My use of lftp led to some faulty
assumptions on my part, which I have of course now abandoned.

Dan