Re: [Orgmode] hotkeys for org in gnome

From: Adam Spiers
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] hotkeys for org in gnome
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 15:19:44 +0000

On Sun, Dec 16, 2007 at 10:26:40PM +0530, Rustom Mody wrote:
> On Dec 16, 2007 5:03 PM, Adam Spiers <address@hidden> wrote:
> > :
> > :
> > Returning the favour: http://xmacro.sourceforge.net/
>
> Could you make it work? I could not (about 20 minutes of trying)
> Seems worthwhile but a bit ancient

Yes, got it working in the end.  Found a few patches lying around the
web to fix various things, so it compiles cleanly now.  You can use
mercurial to do a hg clone of my repository from

  http://www.adamspiers.org/cgi-bin/hg.cgi/xmacro/

There appears to be a complete lack of sanity checking of the input
you feed it, so for example

  echo "KeyStr Escape" | ./xmacroplay :0

works great, but

  echo "KeySym Escape" | ./xmacroplay :0

will blow up in your face.

Attached is an example script which I have bound to Win-a in openbox.