Re: [Orgmode] Smart node selection for org-remember-templates?

From: Adr3nal D0S
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Smart node selection for org-remember-templates?
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 17:17:42 -0600

On Dec 18, 2007 3:59 PM, Manish <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Dec 19, 2007 1:01 AM, Adr3nal D0S <address@hidden> wrote:
> >
> > * 2007
> > ** Dec
> > *** Tuesday 18
> > **** What I did #1
> > **** What I did #2

> > (setq org-remember-templates '((?l "**** %?" "path-to/worklog.org" "***
> > %t")))

> If I understood it correctly, then you aren't really using Org's todo
> functionality rather using it as a plain chronological journal.  Using
> journal template instead of a todo template to file in something like
> journal.org could serve your purpose probably.
>
> Something along these lines perhaps.  This will file your note under
> JOURNAL heading in ~/org/journal.org file.
>
> (setq org-remember-templates (quote
>                               (("Journal" 106 "* JOURNAL %U %?
>  %a" "~/org/journal.org" "Journal")
> )))

That's not much different than what I tried before posting the original e-mail.

I would like to be able to control the format of the date that is
inserted.  Furthermore, I would like to be able to specify a hierarchy
that the entry should exist in and create it if it does not.
Using the org-mode snippet above, I would like "** Dec" to be created
if it does not exist and so on up the hierarchy.

Does that clarify what I am looking for?