Re: [Orgmode] Org-mode version 5.17

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Org-mode version 5.17
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2007 22:24:11 +0100

Hi Carsten,

"Carsten Dominik" <address@hidden> writes:

> I am releasing version 5.17 of org-mode, hopefully the last release
> before the holidays.  Lots of stuff is still on my TODO list, but this
> is how far I have gotten.

That's great!  Thanks a lot.

>     - When cutting, pasting, or moving subtrees and items, the
>       empty lines *before* the subtree/item now belong to the
>       part and will be moved with it.  There is one exception to
>       this rule: If the first child is moved down (or,
>       equivalently, the second is moved up), the amount of empty
>       lines *above* the first child to be moved along with it is
>       limited by the number of empty lines *below* it.  This
>       sounds complicated, but it allows to have extra empty space
>       before the first child and still have good behavior of the
>       subtree motion commands.

Here is the only slight oddity I've found so far:  when moving folded
trees, sometimes the moved tree will be swallowed in the previous or
next fold...

Here is an example:

#+TITLE: Test file
#+STARTUP: fold

* headline 1

** subheadline 1

Content.

** subheadline 2

Content.

** subheadline 3

Content.

1. make sure this file is folded

2. go to headline 1

3. TAB to unfold

4. go to subheadline 2

5. M-<down>
   => subheadline 1 goes below subheadline 2 [OK]

6. M-<down>
   => subheadline 1 disappears (is in subheadline 3 fold)

IIRC, moving subtrees never ended up in them disappearing before.
Is there a simple way to make sure that the moving subtree always
remains visible?

Thanks!  And happy holidays --

--
Bastien