Re: [Orgmode] Org Radio

From: David O'Toole
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Org Radio
Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2007 11:01:21 -0500 (EST)

Hello Bastien,

I really like the region idea. However it could be very tricky to
implement. The annotations in the radio file would be matched to
regions in the target file. So presumably we save the region's
coordinates in the radio file along with its annotation. We can use
markers and overlay properties to keep these data consistent in the
face of changes that happen in an Emacs buffer, but if a file can
change outside Emacs (i.e. annotating a shared file in version
control) then we have a problem, because (in the new model you are
suggesting) there was never anything in the file itself to indicate
which regions go with which annotations. That model is interesting
because it means you can annotate files without changing them
(i.e. notes on /etc). But I don't see how to keep the radio file from
breaking.

But maybe I am missing an obvious solution---can you give more details
on the GPLv3 thing you are referring to?

--dave