[Orgmode] FUD on my part re: downloading revisions?

From: William Case
Subject: [Orgmode] FUD on my part re: downloading revisions?
Date: Tue, 01 Jan 2008 13:45:43 -0500

Hi;

I have tried to amend Pete Phillips' download script so that it works
for me but I have some Fears, Uncertainties and Doubts about whether I
got it right or not.  Here are my changes and notes:

#!/bin/bash

# script to automate pulling the latest org from Carsten's site
# PJP address@hidden
# $Revision: 1.1 $
# $Log: update-org.sh,v $
# Revision 1.1  2007/04/26 05:53:54  pete
# Initial revision

#####
# emacs 22.1 on Fedora 8
#####

# directory where the org directory is located
DIR=$HOME/Docs/Work/emacs
ORGDIR=$DIR/org
TMP=/tmp
TMPTAR=$TMP/org.tar.gz

# This is where I my copy of the emacs exicutable is kept/installed.
EMACSBIN=/usr/bin/emacs

#####
#  The only place I have a lisp file
# (/usr/share/emacs/22.1/lisp/textmodes/org.elc) is here.
# Do I need or want to create a lisp directory in my home directroy?
# If so, why? I don't have or want a CVS version if I have to climb a
# steep CVS learning curve.  I am somewhat familiar with svn.
#####

# you should not need to edit anything else below here

# go to the tmp dir
cd $TMP

# make sure we have the emacs [lisp] dir
mkdir -p $DIR
######
# $DIR = $HOME/Docs/Work/emacs the way I have it set up.
# Is this all right?
#######

# get the tar file ... etc. etc.

Any suggestions, warnings or tips would be appreciated.

--
Regards Bill