Re: [Orgmode] up/down in tables

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] up/down in tables
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2008 08:53:00 +0100

On Dec 31, 2007, at 6:46 AM, Scott Otterson wrote:

Nick and Eddward,

Thanks much for the quick replies.  While generating a test case, I killed the buffer containing the original .org file and then, when I reloaded it,  the problem went away!  However, the "shift the cursor to the left" problem has occurred many times before.  If I can figure out what sequence puts org mode into this state, I'll let you know.

Scott

I am not sure what might be causing this but one possibility is an
unwanted call to set-goal-column or setting the goal-column in a bad way.
Could you check the value of that variable when this happens?

- Carsten