Re: [Orgmode] strange behaviour when customising org-agenda-custom-comma

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] strange behaviour when customising org-agenda-custom-commands
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2008 23:13:26 +0100

On Dec 30, 2007, at 10:32 PM, Adam Spiers wrote:

Adam Spiers (address@hidden) wrote:
Adam Spiers wrote:
On Mon, Dec 17, 2007 at 01:49:49PM +0100, Carsten Dominik wrote:
On Dec 10, 2007 12:25 PM, Adam Spiers wrote:
On Sat, Dec 08, 2007 at 06:30:46PM +0000, Adam Spiers wrote:
On Tue, Nov 13, 2007 at 12:38:06PM +0100, Carsten Dominik wrote:
On  8Nov2007, at 1:55 AM, Adam Spiers wrote:
I haven't figured out how to reproduce this reliably yet, but there
seems to be a bug in 5.13h where when customizing
org-agenda-custom-commands, sometimes during a Set or Save (not sure which) all the prefix key documentation entries vanish. Any ideas why
this would happen?

[snipped]

Argh, it just happened again with 5.17a!  And it was definitely only
(and all) the prefix key documentation entries which vanished, such as

  ("#" . "TODOs by priority")

Additionally I have been most careful to regularly save customizations
since the discussion above, so I'm now sure that there is a bug
somewhere after all; I just don't know how to trigger it.  Is the
defcustom definition for prefix key documentation definitely correct?

I just cracked it :-)

I noticed that the prefix key documentation cons cells only vanished when the *Customize Option: Org Agenda Custom Commands* buffer was generated via M-x org-agenda C and never via M-x customize-option. So that led me to
the culprit:

Fixed, thanks for the analysis!

- Carsten