[Orgmode] Getting org-agenda-sorting-strategy to work

From: MarkS
Subject: [Orgmode] Getting org-agenda-sorting-strategy to work
Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2008 21:30:58 +0000 (UTC)

Hello,

I've been setting up a GTD style system with org-mode.

I've followed the instructions to create my own agenda menus. Unfortunately, no
matter what I do I can't get the program to sort by categories. Of course, maybe
I'm not using categories right. What I have is the #+CATEGORY: mycat tag used
throughout the file wherever I want to specify the category. The pertinent part
of the elisp code I'm using is:

  ("d" "Daily Agenda"
   (
    (agenda nil ((org-agenda-prefix-format "Daily2:" )
    (org-agenda-sorting-strategy '(priority-down))  ) )
    (tags "/DAILY|PENDING|TODO|COMP|HOME|ROAD"  ((org-agenda-sorting-strategy
    '(category-down))  ) )
  )

The "Daily2" part works, as well as the priority specifiers, and if I change
"category-down" to "priority-down" or "tag-down" it works. But "category-down"
doesn't seem to do anything, no matter how I try.

Any help?

Thanks,
Mark
Org-mode 4.78