[Orgmode] Re: when filing todos with remember org-remember-default-headl

From: Rainer Stengele
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: when filing todos with remember org-remember-default-headline is not found
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2008 16:21:06 +0100

Carsten Dominik schrieb:

> On Dec 20, 2007, at 5:01 PM, Rainer Stengele wrote:
>
>> Rainer Stengele schrieb:
>>>
>> Hi list!
>>
>> I am still struggling with this "bug". It makes the remember function
>> bringing the
>> effort of having to refile all the time or having to define the file
>> saving headline always manually.
>>
>> I changed the headline to different contents but that didn't help.
>>
>> HELP!
>
> Hi Rainer,
>
> I still cannot reproduce it, using you setup things work fine for me.
> But maybe your setup is not complete?  What are your settings for things
> like `org-remember-store-without-prompt', `org-reverse-note-order'.
>

> What *exactly* hapens when you say it cannot find the
> headline?  An error?  Or is the note filed in a different position?
> A different file?  Not at all?
>
> - Carsten

hi again.

this is still bugging me a lot.

I tried again and the error is reproducable when the headline is at least
"level" two (** HEADLINE)..
The headline is then not found by C-u C-c C-c. Instead, the todo is wrongly
saved at the very end of the toplevel block in which the destination headline
is level 3.

Example:

* Projects
** Admin
*** HEADLINE
** last project in list
*** TODO HERE is the wrongly filed todo!!! If I open the tree to show "***
HEADLINE" while remembering a todo the HEADLINE is found correctly!
* Customers
** whoever ...

If I move HEADLINE to toplevel (* HEADLINE) it is found without problems.

Any more ideas?

rainer