Re: [Orgmode] FR: source code

From: Ed Hirgelt
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] FR: source code
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2008 09:33:04 -0800

On Jan 8, 2008, at 8:04 PM, Eddward DeVilla wrote:

On Jan 8, 2008 8:03 AM, Bastien <address@hidden> wrote:
BTW, we had a discussion earlier with Carsten on whether the #+BEGIN*
directives formed a consistent class.  I suggested to distinguish
between #+BEGIN_[export_language] and #+BEGIN_[type_of_region].  I
further suggested that we could have:

#+IF_HTML / #+ENDIF_HTML
#+IF_LaTeX / #+ENDIF_LaTeX
#+IF_TXT / #+ENDIF_TXT

and

#+BEGIN_EXAMPLE / #+END_EXAMPLE
#+BEGIN myblock

But maybe we shouldn't be the strict about the semantic, at least not at
the cost of simplicity.

What people think?

Being someone who uses org-mode primarily for the appearance in the
org-buffer while I'm editing and using org, I really do not like this.
It may format nicely after export, but it looks ugly in the buffer.

I definite agree with that. I, too, primarily use org-mode for the way things
look in Emacs.  I occasionally export but my main use is within emacs.

Thanks,
Ed