[Orgmode] Re: What's the use of Column View?

From: Bernt Hansen
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: What's the use of Column View?
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 19:59:59 -0500

"Egli Christian (KIRO 41)" <address@hidden> writes:

> There you go! A quick and simple way to get an overview. The power of column
> view stems from the fact that it lets you quickly and simply
> define hierarchical structures and then combine them with a tabular overview.
>
> Hope this helps

Thanks Christian!  I haven't played with column view much yet but this
is a great application I can use immediately.

Since you're posting estimated times on your tasks I'm wondering if
there's a way to get the clocked summary times for each task in the
column view table as well (same values as C-c C-x C-d display).

I'd _love_ to see my estimate task times and actual times side by side
in the column view per task.  That will help me tune my estimates much
faster.

This would be very useful for me to check how my estimates are doing
compared to actual time spent on tasks.  Is there some magical
incantation to do this?  :)

Thanks,
Bernt