[Orgmode] Re: Remember and then refile

From: Steven Lumos
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Remember and then refile
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 14:19:02 -0800

> On Jan 18, 2008, at 9:40 PM, Steven Lumos wrote:
>
>> Carsten Dominik <address@hidden> writes:
>>> This will be in 5.19.  Thanks for the proposal!.
>>>
>>> - Carsten
>>
>> Hi.
>>
>> Have you considered somehow merging the tree selection and minibuffer
>> with completion methods so that both are available simultaneously?
>
> Could you please be more specific?
>
> Thanks.
>
> - Carsten

Maybe. :-)

Currently, C-u C-c C-c in remember uses this "Select a destination
location for the note" mode where you navigate the org tree in the
usual way and then RET to select a headline.

On the other hand, org-refile uses the minibuffer and you type a
headline, with completion and history.

So recently I've been thinking it should be possible (though only
arguably desirable) to allow both of these modes to be active at once,
so movement commands would navigate the tree and typing commands would
append to the minibuffer.

There are key conflicts that need to be worked out, but I think it
could be done.  For one example, TAB could do completion if there is
text in the minibuffer, and tree navigation otherwise.

Steve