Re: [Orgmode] Documentation request

From: Adam Spiers
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Documentation request
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2008 17:27:11 +0000

On Sat, Jan 19, 2008 at 06:14:40PM +0100, Sven Bretfeld wrote:
> Hello to all
>
> Org mode is powerful. This well-known, almost trivial, statement
> contains a problematic dimension that is so far not solved in neither
> the documentation nor in the various howtos all over the web: How do
> newbies learn to make optimal use of all it's power?

[snipped]

> How do you think about making a space on the tutorial page of the org
> mode homepage where people can upload example org-files, maybe
> together with a short description of their concepts? Of course these
> files have to be prepared in order to disguise their personal tasks
> and dates, which are (of course) of no concern to the public, but they
> should have to be recognizable as snapshots of a work-in-progress
> ("project A", "project B" isn't very instructive, I think. "Writing
> chapter 4 of my dissertation thesis" would be much more informative).
>
> I think this could be a valuable source for ideas how to optimize the
> use of org mode, and it could give newbies (as well as experts) a
> major clue to orientate themselves in the world of org mode.

Hi Sven,

Your request is right on the money; in fact Bastien's already ahead of
you -

 http://search.gmane.org/search.php?group=gmane.emacs.orgmode&query=worg

;-)

It's early days yet for Worg though, so please be patient as people
struggle to find the time to share their own setups with the world.

Adam