Re: [Orgmode] BUG: in org-refile

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] BUG: in org-refile
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 17:48:51 +0100

Hi Jost, thanks for the nice report.

On Jan 22, 2008, at 10:56 PM, Jost Burkardt wrote:

Hi,

org-refile seems to have problems, when there are similar headings with
similar nams in different trees.

This is now fixed, with the drawback that Emacs will now visit
and create buffers for all files that are possible refile candidates.
Previously I removed the corresponding buffers to avoid creating
many buffers.  But now I just keep them, and make sure that accurate
positions are maintained and found.  In particular, I re-create the full
table of refile targets for each call of the command.  This could be
potentially a bit slower, but it is safer this way, and gets rid of
the need to update the target table by hand.

By the way, do you think it would be possible to use org-refile to just
to go to a target position - maybe with a prefix C-u (just like
org-remember). I very much like the minibuffer-movement-interface, and
it would definetly help in finding item's, which were "filed away" :-)

The comparison with `org-remember' is a valid one, I am implementing
it exactly as you have proposed, with a prefix arg.

- Carsten