Re: [Orgmode] FR: interactive todo creation with remember templates

From: Hugo Schmitt
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] FR: interactive todo creation with remember templates
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 12:03:38 -0300

Perfect! Thanks
- Hugo

On Jan 25, 2008 10:58 AM, Carsten Dominik <address@hidden> wrote:

On Jan 24, 2008, at 5:37 PM, Hugo Schmitt wrote:

> I think my suggestion doesn't fit orgmode that well, but what if
> 'org-remember' had 'template' as an optonal argument? (instead of
> pulling from org-remember-template interactively).
>
> Then people could write their own menus/keymap/etc before calling
> remember.
> (Hmm, thinking about it, maybe i'll try that myself so i can call
> remember from Anything)

If you are wiling to  write lisp code, you can already do this, by
putting
a list with only one template temporarily into org-remember-templates,
like this:

(let ((org-remember-templates
       ("Task" 116 "* TODO %?\n  %u" "~/org/gtd.org" "Tasks")))
  (call-interactively 'org-remember))

When there is only a single template in the list, Org-mode will actually
skip the query for the template and execute it right away.

So yes, you can write a function that does built a template on the fly.

Hope this helps

- Carsten