Re: [Orgmode] Fill-paragraph and orgmode

From: Eddward DeVilla
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Fill-paragraph and orgmode
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 12:46:08 -0600

On Jan 28, 2008 4:54 AM, Hugo Schmitt <address@hidden> wrote:
> * TODO Title
>   Words words words words words words words words words words words words
> words
>   words words [2008-01-25 sex]

For what it's worth, this looked right until I hit reply.  About your
real problem, I don't know what the right answer is.  You need a way
for wrap to know that you want the date stamp to mark the beginning of
a paragraph.  The problem is that right now they can be used in the
middle of a paragraph and I believe some people (myself included) use
that.

I have a status log in each project where each entry starts with a
date stamp and I avoid this problem by making each entry a list item.
M-q handles indenting correctly then.

* WORKING project foo
*** Status Log
     - [2008-01-01] I'm starting today.  The requirements are a little
       confusing but I know what I have to do.
     - [2008-01-02] Everything is going great.  My code works exactly
       how I planned.
     - [2008-01-03] My tests pass.  I'm done.  The universe is in
       harmony.
     - [2008-01-04] OMFG!  Dan is such a bonehead.  He doesn't get how
       things have to work!
     - [2008-01-05] OK.  I re-wrote some stuff.  It's ugly but it
       works.  Kinda.  I wish people would read the requirements!

I don't know if this will work for you.  I was doing the status log as
a list from the beginning, so the date stamp wrapping was never a
problem for me.

Edd