Re: [Orgmode] Re: Git repository

From: Adam Spiers
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Git repository
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 16:33:00 +0000

On Thu, Jan 31, 2008 at 10:01:13AM -0600, Russell Adams wrote:
> I'm a bazaar fan myself. I'd be curious if someone can point out where
> git is superior. ;]

I can't remember the details, but I'm pretty sure that I saw reference
to issues with the design of the underlying backend.  The most obvious
symptom of this would be the performance difference - git is
well-known to cream pretty much everything except mercurial (which
IIRC has a very similar design, minus the object packing).

But I'm sure some quick googling would tell you a lot more than my
hazy memories do :-)