Re: [Orgmode] commas in URLs?

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] commas in URLs?
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2008 23:31:50 +0100

On Feb 1, 2008, at 4:09 PM, Piotr Zielinski wrote:

Just to to add one vote for including commas in the urls by default
(at least in some cases); I often copy long links directly from the
browser and have this problem quite often.

So URLs should just exclude commas that are followed by a whitespace
or a line break, not all commas - right?

Yes, but this is harder to do with a regexp.  I wish Emacs had look-
ahead assertions like perl.

What about saying that a url cannot end with a comma, but can contain
commas? Something like [a-z,]*[a-z] (this is a big big simplication!).

Excellent suggestion, yes, this works.  Sometimes there are good ways to
work around, and in this case this works perfectly.  Thanks!

- Carsten