Re: [Orgmode] Quickly Switch Between TODO States

From: Wanrong Lin
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Quickly Switch Between TODO States
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 13:42:01 -0500

Yes, this works for me now. Thanks a lot.
I though once I have those "(t)", "(s)" defined in the TODO keyword, I will have one-key access to the TODO keywords.

Also, I think probably the manual should be changed as it says "C-c C-c" does quick TODO selection. The original text:

--------------------------

C-c C-c
   Use the fast tag interface to quickly and directly select a specific
   TODO state. For this you need to assign keys to TODO state, like this:

             #+SEQ_TODO: TODO(t) STARTED(s) WAITING(w) | DONE(d)
   See Per file keywords
   <http://staff.science.uva.nl/%7Edominik/Tools/org/org.html#Per-file-keywords>
   and Setting tags
   <http://staff.science.uva.nl/%7Edominik/Tools/org/org.html#Setting-tags>
   for more information.

Hugo Schmitt wrote:
Wanrong,
I have it configured like this:

(setq org-todo-keywords
      '((sequence
         "TODO(t)" "STARTED(s)" "WAITING(w)" "UNTESTED(u)" "|"
         "DONE(d)" "DEFERRED(f)" "CANCELLED(x)")))

(setq org-use-fast-todo-selection t)

then all it takes is C-c C-t and then a key (t,s,w)...

Cheers,
Hugo

On Feb 13, 2008 2:19 PM, Wanrong Lin <address@hidden <mailto:address@hidden>> wrote:

    > Did you try C-c C-t ?
    >
    > ,----[ (info "(org)TODO basics") ]
    > | The most important commands to work with TODO entries are:
    > |
    > | `C-c C-t'
    > |      Rotate the TODO state of the current item among
    > |
    > |           ,-> (unmarked) -> TODO -> DONE --.
    > |           '--------------------------------'
    > |
    > |      The same rotation can also be done "remotely" from the
    timeline and
    > |      agenda buffers with the `t' command key (*note Agenda
    commands::).
    > `----
    >
    > Hope this helps,

    C-c C-t is what I have been using, but recently I am a little bit
    tired
    of the cycling (especially when I have 7 TODO states), so I wish
    to have
    something that can let me select a TODO state directly, like C-c C-c
    does for tags.

    Wanrong