[Orgmode] Re: org 2 openoffice impress converter

From: Fabian Braennstroem
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: org 2 openoffice impress converter
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 22:46:51 +0000

Hi Bastien,

Bastien Guerry schrieb am 02/13/2008 08:53 PM:
Hi Fabian,

Fabian Braennstroem <address@hidden> writes:

Wouldn't it be great to create a presentation in emacs; at least the first
outlining?

Sounds nice.

So, what do you think about an org 2 openoffice impress converter...?
The exporting process is probably pretty similar to the html-exporting
procedure!?

I think you might be interested in the S5 Slide Show system:

  http://meyerweb.com/eric/tools/s5/

  S5 is a slide show format based entirely on XHTML, CSS, and
  JavaScript. With one file, you can run a complete slide show and have
  a printer-friendly version as well. The markup used for the slides is
  very simple, highly semantic, and completely accessible. Anyone with
  even a smidgen of familiarity with HTML or XHTML can look at the
  markup and figure out how to adapt it to their particular
  needs. Anyone familiar with CSS can create their own slide show
  theme. It's totally simple, and it's totally standards-driven.

See the quite impressive demonstration here:

  http://meyerweb.com/eric/tools/s5/s5-intro.html

This is realy impressive...

I think it would be *much* easier to go that way, since the export
format will just be a subset of HTML.  Unless someone points to a very
simplistic example of ooimpress format, I'd rather not mix up with this.

Of course this rely on the yes-coming-soon! brand new exporter. I will work on it this WE, maybe something good will come from this.

Play with S5 and let me know if you'd find it useful to have a S5
exporter in Org.

I will take a closer look in the next days. The advantage of an impress/openoffice converter would be, as I see it right now, that you are able to adjust your drawings, tables an pictures like before in impress. If every slides looks the same, then you won't need impress anymore, but you might want to add on one slide some kind of symbol, enlarge the picture for better fitting and stuff like this. If you don't need to adjust anything anymore by an visual interface, than you could use the latex-beamer package as well (or prosper). And sometimes you just want to put several different sized images onto one slide, which are set on the final position much faster using an visual interface, than some kind of size-variable!?

Fabian