[Orgmode] Highlighting Sparse Tree Leaves

From: Wanrong Lin
Subject: [Orgmode] Highlighting Sparse Tree Leaves
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 18:36:45 -0500

Hi,

Is it possible to highlighting only the sparse tree leaves, or even better, highlighting the whole sparse tree but with leaves in a special face?

The motivation for such a feature is this:

Suppose I have a task tree like this:

* TODO Task A
*** TODO Task A.1
***** TODO Task A.1.1
* TODO Task B
*** TODO Task B.1
***** TODO Task B.1.1
***** TODO Task B.1.2

If I do a "org-sparse-tree", all those lines are highlighted, giving an impression that I have a lot of open tasks, but in reality I only have three tasks: A.1.1, B.1.1 and B.1.2, as the higher level tasks are automatically done if those are done. So it would be nice to highlight those leaves in a special face. Also, suppose both B.1.1 and B.1.2 are done, then Task B.1 should be highlighted as a leaf.

Hope the above makes some sense. Thank you very much for giving it a thought.

Wanrong