[Orgmode] Re: Release 5.22

From: Bernt Hansen
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Release 5.22
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 09:11:14 -0500

> Changes to logging progress
> ---------------------------
>
>     There is now more control over which state changes are being
>     logged in what way.  Please read carefully the corresponding
>     sections in the manual.  Basically:
>
>     - The variable `org-log-done' has been simplified, it no
>       longer influences logging state changes and clocking out.
>     - There is a new variable for triggering note-taking when
>       clocking out an item: `org-log-note-clock-out'.
>     - Logging of state changes now has to be configured on a
>       pre-keyword basis, either in `org-todo-keywords' or in the
>       #+TODO in-buffer setting.
>     - These per-keyword settings allow more control.  For example
>
>        WAIT(w@)    Record a note when entering this state.
>        WAIT(w!)    Record a timestamp when entering this state.
>        WAIT(w@/!)  Recore a note when entering and timestamp
>                    when leaving this state.  This is great for
>                    getting a record when switching *back* from
>                     WAIT to TODO.
>        WAIT(/!)    Record a timestamp when leaving this state.
>                    Here we not even define a fast access
>                    character, but just the logging stuff.
>
>     This was triggered by requests from Wanrong Lin and Bernt Hansen.

I tried setting my TODO keywords to

(setq org-todo-keywords
      '((sequence "TODO(t)" "NEXT(n)" "|" "DONE(d!/!)")
        (sequence "WAITING(w@/!)" "|" "CANCELLED(c!/!)")
        (sequence "SOMEDAY(s!/!)" "|")))

But that messes up the agenda view.  Old DONE tasks appear again (things
with due dates -446 days ago for instance)

Removing the /! and restarting emacs fixes it.

Sorry :(

Bernt